Check out our range of free Australian Curriculum linked lesson plans and worksheets.
These will teach your students about:
- The Murray–Darling Basin (Yr 5 and 7)
- The water cycle (Yr 6,7 and 8)
- Drought and flood (Yr 5,6 and 7)
- Water quality (Yr 6,7 and 9)
- Salinity (Yr 7, 8 and 9)
- Running the Rivers (Yr 5,6 and 7)
- Locks, weirs and dams (Yr 5 and 7)
- European colonisation of the Basin (Yr 5 and 7).
Another great resource is our app Run the River, which teaches about the challenges of water management in the Basin (and is based on real river data). It’s available to play online, or download it free for Apple and Android devices. There are also lesson plans specifically designed for use with the app.
We also have a range of activities and events, in partnership with Questacon, National Museum of Australia, Geoscience Australia and others, that really bring the science alive for students. Some can be accessed via remote media – see Get involved for more information.
Our education team are always happy to answer questions or provide assistance - contact us
You can also subscribe to receive our education updates by registering your email address below.
Sign me up to receive: